Buyer beware!

I received a phone call from Vince at onestopmotors. After hearing the sales pitch, I told him I wanted some time to read up on the company. I found several websites where people were calling it a scam. When he called me back I told him I still wanted to do more research because I wasn't sure it was a legit company. He tried the high pressure sales on me and said "are you gonna sell your car or give into your fears and do nothing?" I warned him that that kind of sales pitch does not work with me. He kept calling back (not leaving messages) and finally I answered again. I told him I had decided not to use them and that I did not have time to talk because I was putting new brake pads on my car. He got aggressive with me and said "you are working on the car that you are selling? I guess you are the one who is a scam!"

Do not deal with this company. Real legitimate companies do not treat potential customers this way. It should tell you something about their integrity.

Buyer beware! Stay away from Vince and stay away from onestopmotors.com

Comments

What you read it real! This company is full of empty promises, from beginning to end!

I did all the research I could on them, contacted the CEO myself, Rob Wilder, and he gave me the same line of ***, promises after promises!

It has been 10 months, and nothing! I finally said I just want a refund. Here is the email I got yesterday!

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 12:51 AM, Sharon P wrote:

Heather,

I did not ask you if you wanted to have your advertisements refreshed. There is no question mark at the end of that sentence or indication that I was asking you a question. I am telling you that refreshing your ads is the only option that we have. Also as I mentioned I literally cut and pasted the username and password AND tested the login process which it did indeed work. Im not sure what you are doing on your end however it is fully functional.

When I go to onestopmotors.com and I type in 2008 Acura TL in the search on the top right your vehicle is the 3rd search results. I had no difficulty finding your Acura and I found it on my first attempt. Again all of your concerns have been reviewed and addressed accordingly. There is no refund that will be given.

Sharon

I am not a competitor, former employee, I am a scammed American! This company needs to be shut down!! I work as an Adverting Ex for AT&T specializing in online marketing, ONESTOP motors does nothing but take your money! Do not fall for the bull!!

I spoke to the owner myself, Rob Wilder and he told me the same thing, that it was all competitors, so I gave the $500. robw@onestopmotors.com if you want to email him yourself!

It has ben 10 months, and nothing but problem after problem. I finally asked for a refund yesterday, here is the email I received:On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 12:51 AM, Sharon P wrote:

Heather,

Sharon

So explain that! I am not a previous employee or a competitor, I work in advertising, specializing in online as an executive for AT&T and this company did nothing they promised, including giving me the refund! BEWARE

I too received calls from both OneStopMotors.com and a spin off company called USAMotors.com Both are based in Las Vegas, both have automated calling machines and switch you over to a person if interested. Both have the same "pitch" ..

We've looked at you current ad, why are you selling so low, we can get you more money." Luckily I said let me check you out and get back to you. Their website have basically NO contact information. Googling the company name and the word "scam" returns many, many hits. Apparently based on other posts here, writing to the Attorney General in Nevada, BBB, etc do absolutely no good.

Hopefully this post will help others avoid falling into their trap. Finally, mysteriously after I wrote to Cars.com my ad was removed. Cars.com claimed that my ad was suspicious and that there was a server problem. The said they'd refund the ad cost and that I'd have to recreate the ad.

Is Cars.com in cahoots too with these other companies? Just wondering.

Sincerely

Mike 8) :upset

These lowlife dirt bags got my number off a craigs list add. stop calling me with your scam you idiots

#251953

Thank you to all who posted on here. I was seriously considering using OSM to sell my car because I would love to get a new car, but as I said to my husband "sounds too good to be true, probably is".

I am very glad I found this website and will sell my car the easy way. :p

Rossville, Georgia, United States #251751

First of all, just to prove how inaccurate these postings are....refer to the person above who has noted three complaints... Glenn, Glenn is a former employee of OSM now wring for a direct competitor. OSM can search our customer database by first name, last name, even city and/or state. After a monthly long investigation into these complaints, rippoffreport.com and OSM found nearly 8.5 out of every 10 complaints as as either not a client of OSM, and/or the person that posted the complaint refused to respond to OSM (via email) to help come to some kind of resolution. OSM works with over 100,000k buyers n sellers...we guarantee to wrk with each and every seller until their vehicle is sold. Individuals that have any issues with their services, we strongly encourgage you to contact our cs dept to update appropriate ad info.

I would just like to reitertAte I have worked for ohm for.a long time and the posting I read online couldn't be further from the truth.

I recall CEO Robert wilder and his staff personally investigate each and every complaint posted in 2010, only to ultimately realize their are some extremely bitter competitors and one or two former employees that are responsible for all the negative press. There's of course a plan of action in order to ensure justice is served. As unfortunately some people will believe just about anything before investigating fir themselves.

Ohm has been around for eight plus years and continuous to show their one of the leading private party for sale by owner web sites in America. No where else can u receive such services and anybody whone who tells you different is lying. Ohm is a wonderful co all around and the fact that false stories and testimonials can be posted with out any recourse.

All I know is CEO Robert wilder is on the *** of launching several web sites that are expected to expose all the phony complaints posted online.

Ohm is in no way shape or form a scam. No biz that's been around as long as they have, and have sold as many vehicles as they have, can be a scam. For all you haters, sorry you didn't have what it took to progress with this company, and for whichever competitor gets his rocks off by posting false complaints, your day will come, as ohm loves nothing more than to proving skeptics wrong.

Do the math and compare how many vehicles auto trader sold last month compared to ohm....you'll quickly see for yourself there"s no better value for your buck when it comes to the marketing ohm invests into each and every seller, buyers too!

Want to thank everyone who posted, as Bill said. I got the call, sounded a little good to be true.

Said they could sell my bike in a week, that there is a huge market for it. I asked how they could sell it so fast and was told that they secure financing for people with less than perfect credit. Still sounds good... BUT he wanted $499 to list, and wanted my credit card number.

WOW! That was fast! A red flag just went up! Why money up front?

Why not get paid from the sale? After thinking back, I'm so glad that i didn't list with these Morons. Here's a little more, i just told them that I need more time to think it over. I got a few calls that I haven't answered.

I'm going to my local Police Department and am going to let them know of this scam. Let's see what they can do!

#202788

Julia,I wrote the BBB, the Attorney Generals office, and Chamber Of Commerse. they all told me that there was nothing they could do.

That I would have to sue them.

I think that OSM knows this and this is why they are able to screw people. It is my understanding that they no longer offer the $499 Guarantee.

#202779

Ellie Mae,

You must live in Never Never Land because you have no idea what you are talking about. I called the customer service dept.

and they refused to allow me to speak to anyone above them. Either you work there or have a family member who does. Get a life.

The one you have does not work. If you would get your head out of the sand and look on the internet you will find hundreds of emails like these, so this one or two complaints deal does not fly.

#202776

I wrote all of the people in Vegas and nobody really cares what they do. They did not sell my car and refused to give me the $499 deposit back.

They get around this by adding things from time to time. They first specified the pictures they wanted. Later on they hid in the information that I needed to add a picture of the trunk. Most contracts specify everything up front.

Not these crooks. They play games so that they can justify not having to return the Guaranteed sale deposit if it does not sell. If they call you tell them to kiss you behind and slam the phone down.

Most criminals are in jail. These criminals are at One Stop Motors.

#199753

By the way did anyone hear from the better business bereau?? I read that many people reported OSM

#199751

I really dont believe these are former employees who are leaving bad comments. I surely am not an employee.

I also know a 100% that the representative who called me found my listing on Craigslist. My husband and i just decided to sell our car, posted it on Craigslist and an hour later Raashan from One Stop Motors calls me. Hellooooo??? Where else would he get my info?

Its like hitting a brick wall with these customer service reps.

They dont listen and that's b/c they dont care! Why is this company still in business??!!

#197114

2950 South Rancho

Suite 200

Las Vegas, Nv. 89102

Dear Mr. Wilder:

I am writing you this letter with the understanding that you will probably never get it or have the guts to respond. I signed up for your money back guarantee and just as I figured you and your company hide behind the small print, like most companies who lack integrity do. After your people contacted me for several months telling me that they could sell my camper I finally listed it with them. I signed the agreement and sent them the pictures. They were glad to take my money, called and asked me to re-take pictures of the VIN number and list my camper. The camper was listed for 6 months I reduced the price, which by the way none of your customer service people ever called to recommend and then of course the guarantee was denied (wow big surprise). I am in the sales business and this is not how customers are kept and relationships are made. You were glad to take my money call me for months till you got it call me back ask me to re-take pictures but no one in your company ever mentioned that I did not include a picture of a tire, a storage compartment, or sign some agreement which was signed or you would never listed the camper. I have talked to Brice in your customer service department who told me that the guarantee department made all decisions and they were final. I would certainly like to think that the man who owns the company can change that and make his own decisions. After Brice and I spoke he proceeded to hang up on me. I don’t know what kind of company you run but from my perspective it is a scam. I hope you enjoy the 500 dollars- that probably makes your year. I am certainly going to enjoy telling people everywhere that you are a scam artist and to stay away from onestopmotors.com. I have sent letters to the Better Business Bureau, Chamber of Commerce and the Nevada Attorney General telling them about your poor business practices. I hope they close you down because you and people like you give sales a bad name.

Ellie May.... you are a f@cking c^nt!!!!!!!

Thanks to all that brought out this scam. While I am sorry you got burned, I deeply appreciate you exposing these guys so that other consumers like me don't get burned too.

I recently posted my add and received a phone call from them soon after. Now I know better.

The only positive posts made on here are obviously from the OSM damage control dept. as they are all cut and pasted from forum to forum, One that is from a "good employee" and another from the only "satisfied customer".

It is simply an obvious fact that OSM is a scam. Sure there are times when good companies get slandered here and there, but not to the depth that is with OSM.

I have just been ripped off $499.00 from this company. They say that they will sell on EBAY.

That is a lie. All of the websites that they list with, they own.

Whomever wrote this article about One Stop Motors and "Vince"...do you have anything better to do?????

Let me ask you a question, when you go to the grocery store and run into a clerk that is rude, do you write up a report on them on the website?

Why don't you call the company and talk to someone with authority instead of bashing the whole company's reputation?

One person,one comment and your out to call this company a scam????

This is a good company that is VERY reputable and has a great program!!!!

NO SCAM AT ONE STOP MOTORS!!!!

Amazing that these people are still in business ripping off old people. They will tell you anything to get your credit card number and then watch them screw up your ad, lie through their teeth and give you little to no service for your hard-earned dollar.

They got my mother and father for a quick 400 stating that they could sell an old rusty car for more than 10,000 dollars about three months ago.

Not one person is interested so far - they just want your money!

onestopmotors almost got my dads hard earned money. My folks are retired on a fixed income.

onestopmotors sales people called them every week in june 2009 with promises to sell their RV for more money than they could on RV trader. I looked up one stop motors up on the internet and found nothing but sad stories from onestopmotors clients who got burned. My dad told them no several times but they would not take no for an answer. Finally, I talked with the onestopmotors sales manager and told them to leave my parents alone, onestopmotors has 200 complaints on the better business bureau and an F Rating and we are not going to do business with them.

I told their sales manager I had called their 877-566-6686 customer service pretending to be a buyer. I left two offers on their cars but they never called me back.

The onestopmotors manager became angry and hostile with me, he said something about how we wasted their time and he hung up on us. Onestopmotors harrased my folks for a month but we wasted their time???

Onestopmotors talks like a scam and walks like a scam, it must be a scam!